Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Information Overload

Wow, I have accumulated so much new information over the last 2 months, it is hard to know where to start. I found the ship that Thomas and Annie Staples immigrated on. I have also chased up all the Queensland Heritage BMD information for both the Staples and Smith branches, and found some really interesting anomalies and tidbits. At this time I also discovered that Patrick Smith and Elizabeth Colwell were NOT married in Ireland, as told, but were married in Queensland, and was able to order their marriage certificate, which arrived yesterday with Bridget's Birth Certificate and Annie Staples' Death Certificate. This new information gives me a few more leads so I can persevere with finding the Smith-Colwell immigration information, and the Irish BMD.

Anyways, had better get to it. Happy Reading!

No comments: