Sunday, February 25, 2007

War Service Records

In the very humble beginnings of my research, before I even worked out how to trace births, deaths and marriages, I stumbled across the National Archives and the data kept by the Australian War Memorial. (Links to both in sidebar) Here I was able to find service records for ancestors. In the beginning I found next to none, but as the files were ever so slowly digitised and made available, I was able to track down records for more and more people. Over the span of the past 2 - 3 years, I have been able to download a number of these documents and over the coming weeks, I will endeavour to make them available via the Web Album. Due to space restrictions, not all data will be loaded. If you are interested in complete copies, please contact me.

No comments: