Saturday, July 29, 2006

Annie Staples (nee Good)

After trawling through the Brisbane Cemetery records I finally tracked down the final resting place of Annie Staples (nee Good). She is, in fact, resting not far from her son Percy Staples.

Location Details: Lutwyche Cemetery, Cnr Lutwyche and Kitchener Rds, Kedron. (UBD Ref: Map 139 R1)
Part: Monumental, Portion: 1, Section: 63A, Grave No.: 57.

I visited the cemetery during my June visit to Qld, but was unable to locate it myself then, as the graves are not numbered this way visually. I ended up taking sequenced photos of every plot to bring home and do grave searches online trying to pin down just who she was next to. After many searches (there are many unmarked plots) I finally located the exact plot. If you decide to look for the grave yourself - she is in the right hand row of Section 63A, sixth from the start - the grave preceding that of John Cannel. It has a concreted surround, but no headstone.

The official cemetery records list her as being buried on 10 Feb 1941, aged 80.

Here is a photo taken on a recent trip. (July 24)



I have not been able to locate a listing for her husband Thomas in any of the Cemetery Records for Brisbane.

No comments: